Quality and Food Safety Policy
WE (SIA Lielzeltiņi/ AS Putnu fabrika Ķekava) WITHIN A BINDING FOOD CHAIN PROVIDES CUSTOMERS AND CONSUMERS WITH HIGH-QUALITY PRODUCTS THAT ARE SAFE FOR CONSUMPTION, LEGAL AND AUTHENTIC.
• The products are high-quality and safe for consumption throughout the period of their production and validity time.
• The raw materials and packaging materials are safe and appropriate for use for meat products.
• The production process takes place under controlled conditions in accordance with the HACCP principles.
• We openly talk and cooperate with interested parties on food safety aspects.
• We carefully and responsibly consider claims.
• We continuously improve our knowledge and understanding of food quality and safety.
• We systematically and continually improve performance in quality and food safety, comprehensively assessing our activities and setting goals and objectives.
• We develop partnerships with customers and suppliers to make their confidence in the company as a reliable business partner.
• The processes managed by the company are focused on achievement of planned results by finding, balancing and realizing the needs and desires of the company’s stakeholders – customers, consumers, shareholders, employees, partners, and the public.
• We work in accordance with the legislative, regulatory and customer requirements.
The company attained BRC certificate in September, 2016. BRC Global Standards’ guarantee the standardisation of quality, safety and operational criteria and ensure that manufacturers fulfil their legal obligations and provide protection for the end consumer.
The company attained Halal certificate in January, 2016. The Halal certificate is a document that guarantees that products and services aimed at the Muslim population meet the requirements of Islamic law. Halal certification is a process which ensures the features and quality of the products according to the rules established by the Islamic Council. Halal certifies that the birds are slaughtered in a single cut, thoroughly bled, and their meat have not been in contact with animals slaughtered otherwise.
The Keyhole is owned by the Swedish Food agency and is a symbol that has existed in the Swedish market for 25 years. Foods labelled with the Keyhole contain less fat than food products of the same type not carrying the symbol. Key hole symbol on the package helps consumers identify the healthier options when buying food.